An 8' x 5' tandem trailer is one of the workhorses of New Zealand trailers, it is one of the most popular sizes due to its strength and versatility. Without brakes this trailer is rated at 2000kg GVM and 2500kg GVM with brakes.
With its load sharing, oscillating suspension, it can carry large and awkward loads with ease and comfort especially in the case of carting animals around. Great for farmers, builders and contractors, or anyone who requires a larger trailer, the 8' x 5' tandem can do it all.
- Deck Size 2438mm x 1524mm (8' x 5')
- Tandem axle 14" wheels
- Load Sharing Rocker Suspension
- Fully welded steel chassis
- Steel panel sides/tailgates
- Hinging front and rear tailgate
- Full length tie rails
- 17mm Plywood decking (options available - See "Trailer Decking" )
- 2500kg GVW/GTM (can be upgraded if required)
- Tare Weight 370kg
- Maximum load capacity 1630kg unbraked, 2130kg braked (NZ)
- Maximum load capacity 380kg unbraked, 2130kg braked (Australia)
- Brakes optional (See "Legal Braking Requirements NZ & Australia" for more information)
If you are using plywood for decking material, please check with your local suppliers for true 8' x 4' sheet sizes (2438 x 1219mm) as these can be difficult to source. The design below is for a true 8' (2438mm) trailer and if 2438mm sheets are unavailable, you will need to compensate by reducing the chassis rails, side panels and side tie rails by approximately 40mm. All other measurements will be the same as shown. The trailer will be a true 5' (1524mm) wide. See "Trailer Decking" for more options.